Importing: Demographic Updates
There are many different ways to import new information into Employee Navigator. When there are changes in employee eligibility, such as a change in class type, it is useful to import a demographic update.
Demographic updates are particularly useful because they include a change effective date to declare when a change will go into affect. If you need to update employee eligibility with a change effective date, update eligibility based on a change and a change effective date or update benefits/plan costs based on a change and a change effective date you should use a demographic update. You can either import a document using the same change effective date for all data or using a different change effective date for each update by filling out a demographic change date column in the document.
Employee Navigator also has templates available for you to use when importing information. There is a template specifically for demographic updates as well as other types of imports. Be aware that imports cannot be deleted or undone. Make sure you are thorough and detail-oriented when importing your documents.
- Log in to your online HR portal through your company’s landing page or from our website
- Go to the “Employees” tab at the top
- Go to the “Quick Links” menu and look for “Import Employees and Enrollment”
- Click on “Import Employees and Enrollment”
- Click “Import”
- Add the file you would like to import from your computer
- In the drop down menu, select “Demographic Updates”
- Set your change effective date if all changes occur on the same date
- If changes being imported occur on different dates, compete the “demographic change date” field for each change on the document being imported
- Click “Save”
- Check all column headings are correctly matched to their data in the “Map” tab > click “Save”
- Correct any abbreviations in the “Audit” tab > click “Save”
- Double check the number of employees and dependents EN displays as being updated in the “Commit” tab > click “Commit”
About the Author. As a second year college student, Sophia looks forward to new, challenging, and rewarding opportunities to learn about company operations at Generous Benefits. Her drive and enthusiasm enables her to contribute to team efforts to create engaging, helpful content.